Do you have Rogers email and are having trouble with Outlook error 5.7.0 or 5.7.1? Sometimes this code will show no auth code given, or failed authorization. This results in not being able to send or receive email through your Outlook account.
I encountered this when a long time client contacted me saying that his email was no longer syncing. He uses a Mac with Outlook 2011. As I suspected, Rogers updated their email security protocol, which caused customers to have issues connecting to the mail server.
The first step in troubleshooting this error is to head to the Rogers Web Mail website. For this, you will need to enter your email address and your email password. If you can login here, then continue to the steps below. If not, it may be time to contact Rogers technical support. You can also reset your password if necessary.
The next steps will be to create a specific password for Outlook or your mail app. The steps are:
- Login to the Rogers Member Center using your email address and current password.
- Select Account Information in the upper right of the window.
- Find the “Name your password” box. In it, give a name that you will remember later, such as the name of the mail app you are using (e.g. Outlook), then click Generate.
- Write down this password.
- Go to Outlook and edit account information to enter this new password.
At this point, click the send/receive all button and Outlook should start syncing like normal again. Now just wait for your new emails to download!
If you would like help resolving this issue, ANScomp can provide remote support for you. Please visit the Remote Assistance page to contact us now.